Episode 18: Interview With Melissa Tiers
Melissa Chats About…
Why therapists could strive to bring more playfulness into client sessions.
How does therapeutic memory reconsolidation work?
What is the ‘meta-pattern’ for change and how does it guide her work?
Relaxing around change-work because, as Melissa Tiers says, “This S**T is all made up!”
Why we shouldn’t be “fragile” in testing the change-work.
Why we shouldn’t need to convince people that they’ve changed… if anything, they need to convince us!
Melissa Tiers is the founder of The Center For Integrative Hypnosis with a private hypnosis practice in New York City. She teaches classes in Integrative Hypnosis, Neuro-Linguistic Psychology and mental health coaching. Melissa is an instructor for the NGH and The International Association of Councelors and Therapists and an adjunct faculty member of The New York Open Center and Tri-State College of Acupuncture.
Melissa is a three time recipient of the International Medical and Dental Association’s prestigious Pen and Quill Award for her books “Integrative Hypnosis: A Comprehensive Course in Change” and “Keeping the Brain in Mind: Practical Neuroscience for Coaches, Therapists and Hypnosis Practitioners” co- written with Shawn Carson And “Integrative Hypnosis with kids and teens: Playing for change” co-written with Kelley Woods. Melissa was also awarded the NGH’s President’s Award, for excellence in the field and the Speaker and Author of the year from the Zurich Hypnose Kongress.
Want To Download This Interview?
Just right click on button above…
Below is a list of the people, books, recommendations and references Melissa mentions during her interview.
(I have put links where appropriate ;-))
- The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundatons of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, and Self-Regulation by
- John Overdurf – http://www.johnoverdurf.com
- James Tripp – For all his links and full interview check out his podcast episode page.
- Bessel van der Kolk – http://besselvanderkolk.net
- Adam Eason – For all his links and full interview check out his podcast episode page.
- Anthony Jacquin – For all his links and full interview check out his podcast episode page.
- The Psychobiology of Gene Expression: Neuroscience and Neurogenesis in Hypnosis and the Healing Arts by
- Stephen Gilligan – https://www.stephengilligan.com
- 10% Human: How Your Body’s Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness by
Things Melissa Recommends You Google… to begin your journey down the rabbit hole!